In a continuing effort to provide high quality products, this Update 1 for WaveFEA 2017 fixes or addresses a variety of issues. This file highlights what has been fixed in Update1.
Notes About Installation Instructions
- Install WaveFEA Update 1 after uninstalling WaveFEA 2017 if previously installed with any additional updates or SolidWorks 2015, 2016 and 2017 SP1+.
- Please update Windows 7: Windows Update is in the Control Panel, which is accessible from the Start menu.
- Please update Windows 8: Windows Update is in the Control Panel, on the desktop Charms Bar, Settings menu.
- If required, reboot the system after installation of the Update 1 is finished.
- To verify the success of the installation, start WaveFEA. On the Command Manager of WaveFEA click the About button. If the About box displays: Build: 2017.1.0.2, the installation was successful.
Summary of Fixed Issues
- Selecting parts in solid idealization and contour the results, SolidWorks with WaveFEA crashes.
- Table definition for Hyperelastic Experimental Data Function gives an error ‘Invalid Table type’.
- Failed to Launch Nastran message when trying to run model and required to reboot PC.
- Enforced Motion loads, SPCD defined should have unique ids wrt to SPC1s.
We thank all our customers who help us to identify and report issues. These reports will give us the opportunity to improve the product and provide you with the best solution in WaveFEA simulation. We also thank you for your continued business and for the feedback regarding the content of this release.